Yeovil Games
16 December, 2017, 21:33:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which would you be up for having a go of?
Blood Bowl - 2 (40%)
Dreadball - 1 (20%)
Either/Both - 2 (40%)
Total Voters: 5

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fantasy Sports League (of the tabletop variety I mean!)  (Read 183 times)
Locutus9956
Sir Postsalot

Resistance is futile

View Profile
« on: 13 November, 2017, 11:41:35 AM »

Right I've been thinking about this for a while now, and with some new faces making an appearance at the club too recently I figured this was as good a time as any to float the idea!

Historically one of the most popular/longest running 'campaigns' used to be the YG Blood Bowl league, now for a while now it's been absent (to be blunt alot of us get pretty burnt out on Blood Bowl as a whole having played ALOT of it Wink)

However, speaking for myself I've kind of got a hankering from some fantasy sportsing again so with that in mind I'd like to propose putting together a league to run at club for either Blood Bowl or Dreadball. I'm also open to other suggestions if folks have any other games in mind that I've not heard of (please suggest below if so!) (I'm mainly looking at these two as between folks at the club we've got a few sets of them knocking about so can play several games concurrently  without running out of boards etc Wink

This would be a new league of either starting from scratch and using by the book rules starting clean, personally I'd love to give Dreadball a go as a league as we've never actually played that as more than a few standalone games and the game itself is for my money a better game than Blood Bowl (but I'm open to either). At the moment this is just 'taking the pulse' of numbers who would be interested in taking part, the actual timing and when this would happen I'll work on once weve got an idea if it's viable!

I would mainly be aiming to run in afternoons so as not to tread on folks toes for Roleplays (but we'd likely be running along the lines we used to for BB where games are scheduled and as long as theyre played by such and such a date it doesnt matter when they're played as long as folks make sure theyre available (I will be saying they must be played at club barring exceptional circumstances though Smiley)

So if you'd be interested please let me know! It doesn't matter if you've never played either game before incidentally or if you dont own any minis for the game (we've got plenty of spares and reasonable proxy miniatures are absolutely fine in my eyes anyway!) and am happy to run learning/demo games of either if folks want to try it out before they commit to anything let me know (I'm not around for the next couple of weekends but after that it's all good!

I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favourite signature on the forum!
RoboChap
Web E. Coyote
YOUR TOAST HAS BEEN BURNT, AND NO AMOUNT OF SCRAPING WILL REMOVE THE BLACK PART

Exitus Acta Probat

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 13 November, 2017, 13:35:36 PM »

I would love to play blood bowl again, don't have the spare monies to play a new game (thanks interest rates for making my mortgage higher...)

...and the moral of the story is 'Appreciate what you've got', because basically, I'm fantastic.

So, how are you holding up? Because I'm a potato...

The movie of my life must be really low budget.

And JESUS WEPT for there were no more worlds to conquer
Locutus9956
Sir Postsalot

Resistance is futile

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 November, 2017, 14:01:47 PM »

That's fair enough mate (its worth noting that Dreadball doesn't require you to purchase anything new though you can easily use your existing Orks (if you fancy having a go sometime to see what you think of course let me know) but if you're still mainly on team BB please clicky poll entry so I can get an idea on numbers Smiley

I'm thinking of picking up the new edition of BB as I dont actually own a set myself and want a copy of the most current rules in handy book form anyway Smiley

Malcy Malc
Committee Members
Sir Postsalot

Hunting for fossils.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 November, 2017, 14:03:06 PM »

I'd be tempted by Blood Bowl. I've not played Dreadball so can't really comment on if I'd be up for a season of that or not.
RoboChap
Web E. Coyote
YOUR TOAST HAS BEEN BURNT, AND NO AMOUNT OF SCRAPING WILL REMOVE THE BLACK PART

Exitus Acta Probat

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 November, 2017, 14:19:34 PM »

That's fair enough mate (its worth noting that Dreadball doesn't require you to purchase anything new though you can easily use your existing Orks (if you fancy having a go sometime to see what you think of course let me know) but if you're still mainly on team BB please clicky poll entry so I can get an idea on numbers Smiley

I'm thinking of picking up the new edition of BB as I dont actually own a set myself and want a copy of the most current rules in handy book form anyway Smiley

Didn't even spot the poll on my phone, phone makes it really small!

...and the moral of the story is 'Appreciate what you've got', because basically, I'm fantastic.

So, how are you holding up? Because I'm a potato...

The movie of my life must be really low budget.

And JESUS WEPT for there were no more worlds to conquer
Locutus9956
Sir Postsalot

Resistance is futile

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 November, 2017, 15:08:58 PM »

Not to worry Smiley @Malc as mentioned above, if you're free some afternoon happy to give you a tester game of Dreadball (personally I find it alot more fast paced and fun that Blood Bowl (which isn't to say I don't love me some BB too of course!)

Basically Dreadball... well the best way to describe it is it's Basically Speedball 2 the tabletop game Wink

Locutus9956
Sir Postsalot

Resistance is futile

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13 November, 2017, 16:35:24 PM »

also looking into the new edition of BB.... as much as I normally hate giving GW any money these days..... it's.... really rather nice and has some really nice components (2 custom dice sets for both blocking dice and everything else, 3d plastic pieces for every counter and template (though it should be noted you cant use the old templates with the new board or vice versa as the new board is apparently slightly bigger than the old one (the tamplates are scaled accordingly though so old sets are still perfectly fine just as long as you keep the old templates with the old sets and vice versa)

Tomsk
Blood Bowl Coaches
[insert humorous forum title here]

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13 November, 2017, 19:11:27 PM »

BLOOOOOD BOOOOWL

That said I have a baby due soon, so chances are I'd be unavailable but that would depend on when this runs.
silent bob
You sure post a lot! Not as much as some people of course...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 November, 2017, 19:31:13 PM »

i'm up for Bloodbowl.  If we do do this then we should advertise the league at atomic too

You must die I alone am best
Axman
*Achievement unlocked – Spend too much time on this website*

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 19 November, 2017, 10:44:40 AM »

I have lost all interest in BB but would play Dreadball
Locutus9956
Sir Postsalot

Resistance is futile

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 20 November, 2017, 14:06:20 PM »

I can certainly sympathise there! I personally am up for either/both but would actually rather play Dreadball of the two myself! That said if we get enough interest I'm more than up for running a league of both (hell I'd be quite happy to run them concurrently if folks are game?) (limited to one team per player per league though to avoid scheduling becoming an absolute nightmare!)

Malcy Malc
Committee Members
Sir Postsalot

Hunting for fossils.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 20 November, 2017, 14:54:56 PM »

I'd suggest running one, and see how it goes mate.
Locutus9956
Sir Postsalot

Resistance is futile

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 20 November, 2017, 16:23:40 PM »

Well at the moment we've only got 4 folks for BB or 3 for DB (ideally I'd want more for either!) but this wont be for at least a season so no rush for now Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: