Yeovil Games
21 September, 2017, 22:23:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Afternoon game (dates to be decided) - SPACE OPERA  (Read 135 times)
Tomsk
Blood Bowl Coaches
[insert humorous forum title here]

View Profile
« on: 28 June, 2017, 00:05:44 AM »

Intruige. Danger. Extraterrestrial diseases. Asteroids. Lasers. Androids. Flawed Utopias. Wars. Rebellions.

Worlds in the balance. The Galaxy at stake.

Rogues. Misfits. Unlikely Heroes.

A ship. *Your* ship.

High adventure narrative driven roleplaying in a distant and extraordinary future.  Player characters will be the notable crew of a small ship in a big chunk of galaxy.

A ship gives you all the freedom you could need, provided you can afford to keep it running...

influences:  Farscape, Firefly, and a whole bunch of other sci-fi shows.
system: Powered by the Apocalypse.  (if you've not played this system, you're in for a treat.)
Malcy Malc
Committee Members
Sir Postsalot

Hunting for fossils.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 28 June, 2017, 09:46:00 AM »

This 100% sounds like something I'd love to play in, unfortunately I can't do afternoons though.
Malcy Malc
Committee Members
Sir Postsalot

Hunting for fossils.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 June, 2017, 09:50:14 AM »

How about running this (potentially) in the evenings when Clive was intending on running SW (Assuming SW doesn't run)?
LethalKitten
Administrator
All the cool kids were born in the 80's

The feeling when the GM asks 'are you sure?'

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 June, 2017, 12:46:48 PM »

I'm up for this, space opera can kind of be a hit or miss for me, but if it's going to be more of an 'apocalypse world in space' kind of game then I'm super into that.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 June, 2017, 14:12:35 PM »

If it's anything like when toms run it before, it's going to be great fun.

Shame I can't do afternoons Cry
Tomsk
Blood Bowl Coaches

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29 June, 2017, 00:45:15 AM »

Well the evenings are always super busy. Typically we're planning six months ahead. Whereas the afternoons aren't so competitive for space.  If there aren't enough players interested in the afternoon then I'll look at the evening.  But if I can find 3-4 players for the afternoon then that's the sweet spot and I'll run.
Tomsk
Blood Bowl Coaches

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 July, 2017, 12:09:30 PM »

OC details:
Player slots: 4, and I'm gonna try and keep to that, the game will be better for it.
Game title: as yet undecided, once I have some players and you've named your ship then we'll name the game after your ship.
System: Uncharted Worlds (A PbtA game)

Something important to consider will be your characters vocation.  And this will be a group thing because you will jointly own a ship and this ship is your livelihood.  Are you smugglers?  Traders?  Salvagers?  Pirates?  Mercenaries?  Couriers?

Aliens
The Pan Species Confederacy - Galactic Neighbours in the Persius Arm the PSC are known to consist of multiple sapient species, they have shown no interest in including Humans in their interstellar community or expanding beyond their current borders (none of the wars fought with them over the last centuries have been for territory).
VARO - presumed neighbours in the Sagittarius arm, nothing is known about them save that the PSC consider them an unbearable scourge.  Current treaty terms with the PSC mandate an exclusion zone to prevent contact with this species.
Exohumans - The flawed technology driving the second diaspora (which largely established the current borders on human space) produced hundreds of entirely new sapient bipedal mammalian species.  Mostly eradicated at least at a planetary level during the early days of the Solar Empire, communities of exohumans can still be found on the fringes of space.

Astro-Politics:
The Politics of Human settled space is defined by the Orion Treaty, signed between the United Terran Domain (formerly the Solar Empire) and the insurrectionists, ending the war for independence.
The United Terran Domain - a high tech police state where quality of life is high but individual freedom hard to find.
The Independent Orion Alliance - a very loose alliance of systems with little in the way of unified organisation, defined by their joint signing of the Orion treaty, laws very from system to system, but the common factors are those laws mandated by the treaty, and comparably liberal politics compared to the UTD.

In addition there are two main 'lawless' zones.
VARO exclusion zone - Bordering UTD space, no interstellar travel is permitted save for military patrols by either the UTD or PSC who shoot any ship they find on sight.
The Verge - no hard border exists between Orion Alliance space and the lawless Verge, just the further into the astro-navigation phenomenon officially referred to as the Kruge-Cassidy Spacial Anomaly, (colloquially known as twisted space) the more difficult interstellar navigation becomes and the less practical it becomes to enforce the Orion treaty and noncompliance becomes the norm.  Still however there are only three places that overtly declare their independence from any interstellar treaty or government. Elysium (One of the few remaining Mars class Warstations, fell into pirate hands centuries ago and was hidden in a dense nebula, it's inaccessibility and staggering firepower make it unassailable.  Now it operates akin to an old-earth pirate republic), Last Reach (The furthest permanent base into Twisted space, transit to and from the space station is notoriously difficult and dangerous.  And with no outside sign of any wrongdoing they get left alone.) and Wonderland (Established long ago as a haven for biotechnologists during the purges of the Solar Empire, it evolved into a dark fantastical place where all sorts of marvels are possible, all at a terrible cost.  Rumoured to be defended with nightmarish weapons beyond conventional science, it has never been attacked.).
RoboChap
Web E. Coyote
Administrator
YOUR TOAST HAS BEEN BURNT, AND NO AMOUNT OF SCRAPING WILL REMOVE THE BLACK PART

Exitus Acta Probat

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12 July, 2017, 08:09:21 AM »

This is definitely something that interests me, if I am around when it runs Smiley

...and the moral of the story is 'Appreciate what you've got', because basically, I'm fantastic.

So, how are you holding up? Because I'm a potato...

The movie of my life must be really low budget.

And JESUS WEPT for there were no more worlds to conquer
Tomsk
Blood Bowl Coaches

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 July, 2017, 01:43:49 AM »

I think we might be getting close to a ball game!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: