Yeovil Games
23 November, 2017, 23:19:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: X-Wing Tournament - 21st May - OFFICIAL SIGNUP  (Read 376 times)
Locutus9956
Sir Postsalot

Resistance is futile

View Profile
« on: 24 April, 2017, 16:42:02 PM »

Ok the other thread is getting a little cluttered so here is the official detalails and signup! (if you want to discuss stuff more generally please use the other thread)

The tourney will take place on the 21st May and will run in standard dogfight format. In the end I've decided to keep things fairly simple again this time as we've got a few folks likely playing who are fairly new to the game.

You must bring a 100pt squad. You must have the correct minis and cards for all your forces, no proxying and no homemade cards etc.  You dont need to bring multiple copies of your list or anything but please bring along a clear and legible list for me to check start of the day. We will be using all rulings and updates as per the current FAQ and Tourney rules as well so have a read of those if you're unsure as a few cards have been substantially changed!

We'll be running standard 3 rounds using standard tourney scoring, I'll be playing myself and also adjudicating (if there's a rules question I would hope you all know me well enough to know by now I can be fair and impartial as required (I'm not going to recuse myself from winning this time round as I'd like a chance to win myself as much as the next guy!) If in doubt on any rules question though my word is final, and in any game I'm playing in myself if a rules query arises we've got plenty of folks who can call it who know the rules well enough to make a fair decision!

Lastly you should make a note in your lists whether you're using the Force Awakens Starter or Classic Starer damage deck and which obstacles you are using (you must keep the same ones all day for these) Each player should have their own damage deck and ideally dice and templates but dice and templates can be shared as needed (Id rather avoid sharing of damage decks if possible but if we're short I'm sure we can manage (as both new and old are legal now though weve got a few spare around but if you dont have you're own you'll be stuck with whatever's available for good or ill)

Entry will be £5 as usual, £3 for club fee and the remaining £2 going towards a prize for the winner (depending on numbers the size of the prize may vary or may do a runners up prize as well).

The player list I have at the moment is (and if you could all confirm for me you are definitely coming as soon as possible (and anyone else interested please let me know ASAP):

Simon (me)
Hannah (Hannah is not a big X-Wing fan but will play if we have an odd number of players so there wont need to be bye rounds!)
Chris L
Bex
Clive
Rachael (a 'maybe')
Rob
Tom (also a maybe I believe, not certain if free at present?)
Rich (I've not seen Rich for a while but was keen last I heard so I'll try and chase up)
James (also a maybe last I spoke to him!)
« Last Edit: 28 April, 2017, 11:13:35 AM by Locutus9956 » Logged

I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favourite signature on the forum!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 25 April, 2017, 09:42:15 AM »

Awesome, should be fun.
I'm up for this and I shall double check with my little one if she* (a) still wants to come along and (b) whether  she feels up to playing with other people yet.

*her names Rachael by the way.
Maccabeus
Blood Bowl Coaches
I couldn't think of a title for this bit, so I'll just say 'RoboChap is awesome'

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 April, 2017, 18:34:56 PM »

Yeah, I'm in
silent bob
You sure post a lot! Not as much as some people of course...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 April, 2017, 17:33:12 PM »

I think Rich said he was interested today

You must die I alone am best
Tomsk
Blood Bowl Coaches
[insert humorous forum title here]

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 May, 2017, 22:20:03 PM »

I should be in for this.
Malcy Malc
Committee Members
Sir Postsalot

Hunting for fossils.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 May, 2017, 10:43:28 AM »

Si - Can you please clarify starting and finishing times for this dude. As I see it this will be taking up both sessions of the day?
Assuming it runs into the evening (as you suggested yesterday), your estimated costs may go up (two sessions rather than one).
« Last Edit: 15 May, 2017, 10:46:32 AM by Malcy Malc » Logged
Locutus9956
Sir Postsalot

Resistance is futile

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 May, 2017, 10:57:38 AM »

I will post full times for rounds etc later but this will be afternoon session only as with every other X-Wing event I've run previously.

Malcy Malc
Committee Members
Sir Postsalot

Hunting for fossils.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15 May, 2017, 11:00:05 AM »

Thanks for clarifying dude
Locutus9956
Sir Postsalot

Resistance is futile

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 15 May, 2017, 11:22:39 AM »

TIMETABLE FOR THE DAY:

Registration 12:00 - 12:30 (Myself and Rob will be in from 11:30 setting up so if anyone's gets here early any help would be appreciated and I'll do registration early if folks are ready!) Please be ready to go for the start of round 1 promptly folks!

Round 1 - 12:45 - 1:45

Round 2 - 2:00 - 3:00

Round 3 -  3:15 - 4:15

4:15-4:30 final scoring and announcement of winner (I'll sort out prizes after the event as thats entirely dependant on how many folks actually attend in the end as I mostly have folks telling me in person they're coming (I do plan on running more of these in future but I would ask that going forward folks please try to acutally sign up on the forum as it makes organising things much easier for me!)

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15 May, 2017, 11:50:12 AM »

Just a quick query for guys who are turning up has anyone got  spare copy of the adaptability card I might be able to borrow for the day?
If not, no biggie but would be much appreciated.
Maccabeus
Blood Bowl Coaches
I couldn't think of a title for this bit, so I'll just say 'RoboChap is awesome'

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 15 May, 2017, 20:56:59 PM »

Clive, yes

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 16 May, 2017, 07:16:54 AM »

Thank you lots  Grin
Locutus9956
Sir Postsalot

Resistance is futile

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 19 May, 2017, 08:45:00 AM »

Just a reminder folks of what you will need to bring (or arrange to borrow!):

- A written squadron list (I don't mind on the format or printer or hadwritten as long as its clear and legible!). Your list must also note what 3 obstacles and damage deck you are using.

- Correct models and cards for all items in your squad. No proxies and you must have all cards.

- 3 obstacles (you must use the same 3 all event)

- Damage deck (either original or force awakens is allowed as per standard tourney rules but you must choose one and stick with it!) For those who dont have one there will be a few spare about but you'll likely be stuck with an old style one so if you want a specific one please bring your own.

- Dice and Templates. Officially you're required to bring these but if folks are fine with we'll pop a set of each on each table to be shared and these will not move (I'm asuming folks wont mind this arrangement and it will stop stuff getting lost or 'I had x many dice earlier I'm sure are you sure you havent picked up some of mine' type arguments Wink)

Official 'doors open' time and start of registration is 12 but Rob and I will be there from 11:30 to start setting up early. If anyone else wants to drop in early and assist you are of course very welcome to do so!). Registration ends at 12:30 sharp so please be there by then at the latest folks!

Incidentally if anyone has any 3x3 space mats please bring these along (I have plenty of black sheets if need be in the cupboard but theyre not great and the more 'proper' mats the better!

Man your ships, and may the force be with you!

Locutus9956
Sir Postsalot

Resistance is futile

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 19 May, 2017, 08:50:40 AM »

Oh one final note:

We will be using the latest FAQ and Tournament rules so id highly recommend having a read up if you haven't recently as there are a fair few little changes! They can be found down the bottom of the page below:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/x-wing/

Maccabeus
Blood Bowl Coaches

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 20 May, 2017, 22:31:31 PM »

Bex will need to borrow a damage deck as I've given my spare to JJ.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 21 May, 2017, 10:45:12 AM »

My daughters using my second one I'm afraid so can't help there sorry Sad
silent bob
You sure post a lot! Not as much as some people of course...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 21 May, 2017, 10:51:28 AM »

I have a older damage deck spare

You must die I alone am best
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: