Yeovil Games
21 September, 2017, 22:24:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Urban Shadows, July-September  (Read 178 times)
LethalKitten
Administrator
All the cool kids were born in the 80's

The feeling when the GM asks 'are you sure?'

View Profile
« on: 28 February, 2017, 13:42:56 PM »

Yes it's a few seasons off but that seems to be how it goes with this system. I will be running Urban Shadows in the evening session for 3-5 players (although if I end up with all players who are available in the afternoon I could switch it as they free up less quickly).

Urban Shadows is like Apocalypse World but in a city. If that makes sense to you then that's all the info you need. If not... The game is set in a large city (London) where politics, debts and name dropping is far better currency than money ever could be. You play a creature; maybe a vampire or a ghost, perhaps a monster hunter or a human with immense magical power. How do you keep your faction of the city happy and improve your own standing while simultaneously juggling your real world responsibilities; how do you stave off the darkest parts of your inhuman nature and avoid becoming another victim tangled in the noose of the city? Let's find out.

Small warning: There is option for conflict between player characters in this game, you are not playing as a team. However this is not mandatory and you will likely find yourself working together more often than against each other. That being said if you really dislike PC v PC then this probably isn't the game for you.
Also this game is likely to include many mature themes, it is a city after all, sex, drugs, racism, homophobia are going to rear their heads along with some potentially darker stuff. If you like your games sunny side up then run now.

Players: Tom, Ash, Clive
« Last Edit: 01 March, 2017, 22:38:11 PM by LethalKitten » Logged
aescleal
Rank 2 – The Sequel

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 28 February, 2017, 14:02:00 PM »

I'm up for it, but then you knew that anyway.

I have Wolfy ideas, but I'm perfectly okay with giving way for someone else.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 February, 2017, 20:04:10 PM »

Sounds interesting depends when it runs though.
LethalKitten
Administrator
All the cool kids were born in the 80's

The feeling when the GM asks 'are you sure?'

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 February, 2017, 20:09:09 PM »

It'll be running in the July-September season. Something like 16th July to the 3rd September.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 March, 2017, 09:21:04 AM »

Yeah I'm up for this Smiley
Tomsk
Blood Bowl Coaches
[insert humorous forum title here]

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 March, 2017, 23:50:43 PM »

I'm in!  Playing the Tainted.  Because Demons.  And Hell.  And Devil's Bargains.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: