Yeovil Games
23 November, 2017, 23:16:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Next break week: X-Wing Tourney  (Read 499 times)
Locutus9956
Sir Postsalot

Resistance is futile

View Profile
« on: 24 November, 2016, 16:56:40 PM »

So testing the waters again, not sure exactly what the date of the next interseason break week is so this still may depend on when exactly it falls but would anyone be interested in taking part in some X-Wing related shenanigans.

Would likely be a standard 100pt 'Dogfight' type tourney (wan't to keep things simple so as not to exclude anyone!)

This would be informal and unnofficial (if there's enough interest I'll chat with the comittee about some kind of of prize support) but mainly just a bit of a laugh.

I would be fairly strict with regards to proxying stuff as it avoids confusion and goes some way to limiting huge levels of cheese (however between those of us who have gone... somewhat overboard... on the game... I daresay we have enough copies of pretty much any given card for folks to borrow whatever they need).

So just testing the waters initially as noted, who would be interested? Doesnt matter if you're a novice or have never played before either or dont have any bits, I've got more than enough for folks to borrow if they wish (and I suspect that goes for a few other folks as well (personally as long as I'm not using it myself and I get it back in the same condition I lent it in, I'm happy to lend anyone stuff (on the proviso, you break it, you buy me a new one Wink)

I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favourite signature on the forum!
Maccabeus
Blood Bowl Coaches
I couldn't think of a title for this bit, so I'll just say 'RoboChap is awesome'

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 24 November, 2016, 19:40:01 PM »

Yeah
Locutus9956
Sir Postsalot

Resistance is futile

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 December, 2016, 17:28:00 PM »

Got a provisional yep for this from Chris, Rob and Rich thusfar so that's enough folks to run with so we will be going ahead with this Smiley

More details to come and if you're interested please let me know so I can get an idea on numbers asap!

Locutus9956
Sir Postsalot

Resistance is futile

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 December, 2016, 11:04:55 AM »

Ok folks few more details:

This WILL be running now on the 8th January.

Squads are to be 100pts or less, proxies are not allowed, you must have the right cards and models for your squadron (though between us we've probably got enough spares of most cards to loan as needed).

Please bring if you can in addition to your ships and cards:

a full set of manuever templates, dice, damage deck, 3 terrain counters (either asteroids or debris tokens), a written copy (preferably printed but as long as its legible its all good) of your squadron list (this is not being done as formal affair with me registering squadrons etc but I expect folks to have their squadrons decided BEFORE they arrive at the event and to have a copy available for their opponent to read through).

There will be enough spares for most of the basic game components that it shouldnt be a problem if folks dont have them but if you do have them please endeavour to bring them!

Damage decks must be the revised Damage deck from the Force Awakens starter please note. If you dont have one of these there will be enough around to share but I'd prefer to avoid using the original versions with the conversion chart as this slows the games down massively!)

Tourney rounds will run for 1 hour. This includes deployment and asteroid placement.

As things stand there are to be 3 rounds, aiming to start at 12:30 so allowing about 10 minutes between rounds we should be able to run the entire event in the afternoon session Smiley

As things stand I've got 4 confirmed players including myself but the more the merrier.

I'll discuss more in the next couple of weeks but there's 2 options either entry is just standard club fee for a session of 3 quid, or we could, if folks are amenable go to £5 entry (3 of which is club fee, but the reamining monies I'll use to arrange some kind of prize (likely a voucher for a small ship of your chosing or something like that (depends on numbers though if we get more folks and go this way then obviously the more folks playing the bigger the prize will be and possibly some kind of runner up prize!)

I will be playing myself but I will also be adjudicating (as such if we DO any kind of prize support I'm recusing myself from it, in the event that I win, any prize will go to the runner up). Please use common sense and 'fly casual' with regards to rules disputes but in the event of any arguments that players cant agree on please grab me and my word is final Wink

In the event of a dispute in a game that I'm playing in I'll grab someone not playing to judge impartially and bribe them Tongue

Tomsk
Blood Bowl Coaches
[insert humorous forum title here]

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 December, 2016, 23:46:37 PM »

Is the 8th the interseasonal?
LethalKitten
Administrator
You finally made a hundred, congratulations!!

The feeling when the GM asks 'are you sure?'

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 December, 2016, 11:40:56 AM »

Is the 8th the interseasonal?

Yes. We play on the 1st as the last week of the current season. Then interseasonal on the 8th, then next season starts 15th
Locutus9956
Sir Postsalot

Resistance is futile

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 December, 2016, 17:01:37 PM »

It is indeed the 8th

Locutus9956
Sir Postsalot

Resistance is futile

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30 December, 2016, 09:20:31 AM »

Just a reminder to folks that this is still happening as things stand! The more the merrier, would be good if folks could give me a solid 'yes I'm playing' before the fact so we can get things set up asap!

Entry will be a fiver each, £3 of each will be club fees and the remainder will go to purchasing a small prize for the winner (or runner up if I happen to win as noted)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: