Yeovil Games
23 July, 2017, 11:44:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Firestorm Armada escalation game  (Read 594 times)
Axman
*Achievement unlocked – Spend too much time on this website*

View Profile
« on: 01 July, 2016, 09:50:44 AM »

Hi guys,

The intent for this coming season is to play plenty of Armada in an escalation style format with some story to make things a bit more interesting.
We will start this week with 500 Pt games. Anything on a stand will work as long as people know what they are supposed to be, so feel free to try some units you don't have models for, and feel free to play if you don't have any models at all yet Smiley. No need to be there every week as its all for fun Smiley   

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 02 July, 2016, 09:07:54 AM »

Sigh I wish I could make afternoons Sad
Locutus9956
Sir Postsalot

Resistance is futile

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 July, 2016, 13:04:25 PM »

Couldn't make this past weekend as been getting over the lurgy sadly so stayed home sunday, should be there this coming sunday though, what points level am I likely to need (and ill see if I can put some kind of list together and sort apropriate proxy minis out (unless 'ye olde massive box of shinies' has turned up Chris?)

I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favourite signature on the forum!
Axman
*Achievement unlocked – Spend too much time on this website*

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 July, 2016, 09:16:34 AM »

Gonna be 500 pts again mate. If you look at the contents of the patrol fleet and then add some options thats a good place to start mate Smiley
Locutus9956
Sir Postsalot

Resistance is futile

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 July, 2016, 09:54:23 AM »

Yup that's more or less what I was thinking tbh, will have a read and make a list when I get time Smiley

EDIT: Seems the Terran patrol fleet box is handily 470pts out of the box before paying for upgrades so just have to decide what to spend my last 30 points on and I'm good to go (there seems to be fairly large degree of customisation options with Terran ships so this is proving less cut and dry than I my original 'I'll just put nukes on everything' idea Tongue)

Disclaimer: The Terran Alliance reserves the right to put Nukes on everything in any case, including but not limited to, enemy vessels, enemy colonies, planets 'that looked at us funny', that guy over there.....

« Last Edit: 07 July, 2016, 15:50:57 PM by Locutus9956 » Logged

Locutus9956
Sir Postsalot

Resistance is futile

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 July, 2016, 13:31:33 PM »

So whats happening with the Narrative side of the camapign then mate? Having had a brief go I'm VERY impressed with the game initially, plays alot like Dystopian as I figured it would but just seems to nicely take a few of the rough edges off from DW and help the game flow a bit quicker (in particular the way SAS and boarding is handled whilst not necessarily better as such are alot less convoluted and you can play through them much more quickly.

In particular as with DW though I love the fact that the battles feel really characterful (lots of twists and turns in the game and plenty of colourful events throughout even a small skirmish, always a good sign I think!

Locutus9956
Sir Postsalot

Resistance is futile

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13 July, 2016, 08:26:17 AM »

Side note: I'm changing my faction very slightly, Still playing Terran Alliance but I'm planning on mixing in some Syndicate foces. I was always planning on getting some of them as a secondary force as I ADORE the miniatures but having read up a bit on them now they're 'natural allies' for my TA as well and work really nicely fluffwise too so all ideal! (Haven't ordered any ships yet but hopefully will be come payday Smiley)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: